Sterility and Infection Control in the Operating Room
Surgical Site Infections... What are they?
1 in 24 Patients develop an SSI
Incidence and Prevalence of SSIs
European Data for Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs)
$3.45 - 10.7 Billion
Where do surgical site infections begin?
What creates a sterile environment?
What are the components of sterility?
1) Designate and maintain the sterile field
2) Surgical Scrub/ Hand antisepsis
3) Patient skin prep
4) Barrier Protection (gowns, drapes, etc.)
5) Practicing sterile technique
6) Other (traffic control,laminar airflow,etc)
Hand Hygiene: Do we do it like lizards?
Hand Hygiene: How to scrub
Use protection in the OR....
Time to get dressed!
A final note: Visitor Etiquette
So in conclusion, don't do this...
Please use Google Chrome to obtain the best export results.
Public - 12/29/15, 10:29 AM