Communication, Assertiveness & Conflict Resolution
1. To develop an awareness of assertiveness and your own working level.
2. To evaluate effective practices for positive engagement.
Speech & Gesture - Keeping People Engaged
Assertiveness - Take Charge In Your Role
Identify five common causes of conflict.
Establish steps to be taken in order to resolve conflict.
Employ principles of effective communication and conflict resolution in a meeting situation.
Causes of conflict
The Ugli Oranges
Read through your roles, then meet with the representative from the other firm to decide a course of action.
After up to 10 minutes, select a spokesperson to tell me:
Is conflict always bad?
Conflict is a sign that people are involved and excited about their work.
They are showing a passionate commitment to the task at hand.
Steps in resolving conflict
1. Deal with conflict as soon as it arises.
2. Confront the issue as a problem to be solved.
3. Do not engage in blaming or character assassination.
4. Be open-minded and fair.
5. Insist on criticism being appropriate and constructive.
Chairing a meeting
What makes a good meeting?
What makes a good chair?
Facilitate a meeting to discuss the topic in the scenario.
The character slips outline your motivation and attitude for the meeting.
The chair is responsible for ensuring the meeting runs smoothly.
Please use Google Chrome to obtain the best export results.
Public - 6/2/16, 8:49 AM