Whether at work, at home, or on your mobile phone, here are telephone etiquette tips everyone should be displaying at all times.
1. Always identify yourself at the beginning of all calls.
2. Be sensitive to the tone of your voice.
Do not sound overly anxious, aggressive or pushy
3. Think through exactly what you plan to say and discuss BEFORE you place a call.
4. Do not allow interruptions to occur during conversations.
Do not carry on side conversations with other people around you.
5. Especially when leaving messages, speak clearly and slowly.
6. Build the habit of always turning off your cell phone ringer when entering a meeting, restaurant, theater, training class, or other place
7. Always speak into the telephone receiver with an even and low tone of voice.
8. Do not allow yourself to be distracted by other activities while speaking on the telephone
Please use Google Chrome to obtain the best export results.
Public - 9/23/16, 11:33 AM