The history of Schönbrunn and the buildings that preceded it on this site goes back to the Middle Ages. The whole estate had borne the name of 'Katterburg' from the beginning of the 14th century and belonged to the manor of the monastery at Klosterneuburg. It had a water-mill together with a farm and vineyards, and over the following centuries numerous tenant farmers of this flourishing estate are documented. In 1569 it came into imperial possession through Emperor Maximilian II
Please use Google Chrome to obtain the best export results.
Public - 5/9/16, 1:14 PM