Venus. 4.87 x 1024 kg

Earth.  5.98 x 1024 kg


Venus. 3,760 mi

Earth. 3,959 mi

How long does venus take ⭐️to orbit the sun⭐️

225 days

How long does venus take ⭐️to rotate once⭐️

5,832 hours

Atmospheric pressure on


The pressure of Venus' atmosphere at the surface is 90 atmospheres (about the same as the pressure at a depth of 1 km in Earth's oceans). It is composed mostly of carbon dioxide. There are several layers of clouds many kilometers thick composed of sulphuric acid.

⭐️Atmospheric Composition⭐️

The atmosphere of Venus is mostly carbon dioxide, 96.5% by volume. Most of the remaining 3.5% is nitrogen. Early evidence pointed to the sulfuric acid content in the atmosphere, but we now know that that is a rather minor constituent of the atmosphere.

⭐️Temperature of venus⭐️

The average temperature on Venus is 864 degrees Fahrenheit (462 degrees Celsius). Temperature changes slightly traveling through the atmosphere, growing cooler farther away from the surface. Lead would melt on the surface of the planet, where the temperature is around 872 F (467 C).Nov 16, 2012

⭐️How many moons does venus have⭐️

Venus does not have any moons, also called satellites. Mercury is another planet without any moons. However, all the other planets in the solar system do have satellites. While the Earth has one moon, outer planets like Jupiter and Saturn can have over 50 moons.

Best image from the Earth based telescopes.

Best Hubble Space Telescope image

why do I like this planet.

because I like how it is named after the roman goddess of

 love and beauty
how many spacecrafts have visited venus

The first successful flyby of Venus was performed by NASA's Mariner 2 spacecraft on 14 December 1962, following failed attempts by both the Soviet Union and the USA. The first successful landing was the Soviet Venera 4 lander, which touched down on the surface on 18 October 1967

fun facts about venus

Venus is the second planet from the Sun and is the second brightest object in the night sky after the Moon. Named after the Roman goddess of love and beauty, Venus is the second largest terrestrial planet and is sometimes referred to as the Earth's sister planet due the their similar size and mass.


Smithsonian Air and Space Museum

google search



created by Jennifer .G

Create a presentation like this one
Share it on social medias
Share it on your own
Share it on social medias
Share it on your own

How to export your presentation

Please use Google Chrome to obtain the best export results.

How to export your presentation


by 222906


Public - 9/27/16, 6:10 PM