Instagram: A free photo and video sharing app
So how does Instagram fit the characteristics of digitalization?
- Records every digital steps you take
- The photos and videos you upload are your digital footprint
- Shows your identity, so be careful of what pictures you upload
Effects of Digital footprint
- No privacy! Everything can be seen by someone who tries to find you
- It will always be there! Although you have deleted that drunk picture of you, it is still on the internet
- Real time
- Instagram now allows you to chat with your friends
- People can still like that picture that you uploaded 2 years ago
Space of flows
- Death of Distance: No matter which part of the world you are in, you can still connect through Instagram
- Poly-Directionlity: You can connect to only one friends when doing Instagram chat, and to the rest of the world when uploading videos and photos
- Network Structure: Physically you can be close with you roommate, but you can be closer to someone who is in another country through digital means
- Instagram creates a positive externalities
- The more your friends or people uses Instagram, the more likes you can get
- Digitalization is basically inevitable. No matter how hard you try to avoid it, it will be there.
Ex: Although you don't have an Instagram, your friend does and they can upload pictures of you
- Digitalization is not a bad thing if you use it correctly.
Please use Google Chrome to obtain the best export results.
Public - 5/6/16, 6:31 PM