Who am I?
My name is Faris Almussallam, a Kuwaiti national with an international background. I grew up in five different countries, and speak three languages fluently. I have a BA in Advertising Management and Brand Management, and an MSc in Corporate Brand Management. Since 2008, I have worked in the field of Marketing and Public Relations in four different sectors in Kuwait - aviation, investment banking, automotive, and education.
Date of Birth – 30.09.1986
Nationality – Kuwaiti
English – Fluent (written and spoken)
French – Fluent (written and spoken)
Arabic – Fluent (spoken), semi-fluent (written)
Italian – conversational
1997 – 2002 – Casablanca American
School, Casablanca, Morocco (Middle & High School)
2002 – 2004 – American Cooperative
School of Tunis, Tunis, Tunisia (High School)
2004 – 2007 – Manchester Metropolitan
University, Manchester, United Kingdom (University - Bachelor's Degree)
2010-2011 – Brunel University, London, United Kingdom (University - Master's Degree)
I also have
What do I seek?
The next big challenge. I'm looking for an environment that will challenge & nurture me, critique me & commend me. I want to move to an overseas setting that removes me from my comfort zone, and at the same time inspires me to push myself. I'm in search of a place that's dynamic, multifaceted, and doesn't shy away from new ideas. I know no organisation is perfect, but I know that some are better matches than others.
Where have I been?
UNITED AVIATION (Kuwait)
MARKETING / PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (NOVEMBER 2007 - MAY 2008)
• Preparation and execution of teaser, advertising campaign for our brand’s introduction.
• Liaising with media agencies (Promoseven and Microsolutions) to ensure proper execution of projects
• Providing creative direction for the design of uniform accessories (badges, pins, nametags, etc)
• Making sure the amenity kits, safety cards, gift items, stationary, menus are well designed, ordered, and implemented
KAMCO - KIPCO Asset Management Company (Kuwait)
SENIOR MARKETING EXECUTIVE (JUNE 2008 – MAY 2013)
During my tenure at KAMCO, I oversaw the redevelopment of the corporate identity which included:
- Corporate website and Company Profile
- Helping create concept and layout of television and print media
- Coordinating with media agency to finalize media plan and execute Rebranding campaign (television, outdoor, and newspapers)
- Conducted in house workshop for employees
- Stationary and giveaways
- Helped start and maintain the company’s Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Rewrote the Marketing Section of the Company Policies and Procedures Handbook
- Created the company newsletter
- Reviewing, editing, & proofreading all of the company’s English communications (press releases, website, corporate profile, product leaflets and brochures, Wikipedia page, etc - June 2008 until November 09)
- Setting up interviews from different media outlets with relevant managers
- Writing all of the company’s English communications (from November 2009)
• Creating the material for all of the company’s financial ads, and internal CSR ads
MUTAWA ALKAZI (Kuwait)
(MARKETING MANAGER – MAY 2013 – SEPTEMBER 2014)
• As Marketing Manager, I oversaw a team of 4 employees in various aspects of marketing including branding, PR, market research, and advertising of 4 different Chinese car brands (GAC, BAIC, DFM, and GAC GONOW)
• My responsibilities included -
(FREELANCE BRAND CONSULTANT – OCTOBER – DECEMBER 2013)
A local media production house with ambitious expansion plans contacted me to conduct a Brand Audit for them. This necessitated an in depth look at the company externally and internally. In order to achieve this, I –
o Held in depth discussions with the company’s top management to understand their short and long term visions for the company, what the corporate values are, what new products/services they hope to introduce, the company’s history, and who the stakeholders are.
o Analyzed their communication outlets (website, Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram accounts) and also watched DVDs of their past productions to understand the level and quality of their productions.
o Explained and presented to the management the importance of branding and aligning it to the company’s culture and goals, the different facets of a corporate brand, the importance of establishing corporate values, and mission and vision statements (and that employees are able to easily understand and translate the mission, vision, and values into their own line of work).
o Conducted in depth one-on-one interviews with many of the company employees to gain insight on their perspective, understand their points of view regarding their individual roles, the company and their relationship vis-à-vis management.
o Compiled all of the gathered information and synthesizing it into a comprehensive Brand Audit Report, which also includes recommendations on what steps to take and which partners are best suited to achieve their desired goals.
o Prepared a seminar to bring together employees and management to explain the findings and brainstorm ideas on establishing company mission, vision, and values, iron out points of discord between management and employees, clarify proper channels of communication, and act as a mediator for a Q & A session between management and the employees
GULF UNIVERSITY for SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY
(SENIOR PR SPECIALIST – FEBRUARY 2015 – PRESENT)
As a Senior PR Specialist, I report directly to the PR Director and am second in command of a team of 5 full time employees, and 5 student workers & interns
Visual & Performing Arts
Get in touch
mobile number - +965 55000902
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
website - traveleye.net
Please use Google Chrome to obtain the best export results.
Public - 5/29/16, 5:42 AM