Ancient Greece and Egyptian Architecture
By: Meredith Traugott
- In 447 BC the Parthenon was built.
- The Temple of Hephaestus was made for Hephaestos which was the god of metalworking.
- The Parthenon was made for the goddess Athena.
- The Parthenon is a reminder of what the architecture was like back then.
- The Temple of Concordia was built in 5th century BC.
-The Karnak has 134 large columns that are divided into 16 equal rows.
- The Great Sphinx is made of limestone.
- The Great Pyramid of Giza is made with about 2,300,000 stone blocks.
- The Great Pyramid of Giza is almost the tallest man made structure in the world.
-The Pyramids of Giza are alined with the of stars of Orion.
- The goddess of architecture in Egypt is Seshat and The goddess of architecture in Greece is Hestia.
- The Parthenon has no straight lines but the Pyramids do have straight lines.
- They both had drawings on buildings that gave it character.
- They both used big stone blocks to make buildings.
Please use Google Chrome to obtain the best export results.
Public - 4/20/16, 4:42 PM