By Michael Scirica
The Legalization Of Marijuana And Its Issues
The Legalization of marijuana has been known to cut the costs of law enforcement spending, bring in more tax dollars for the state to spend, and also overall decrease crime rate. But with all of these things comes negative consequences.
The Health Negatives To Legalizing Marijuana
1) Many Claim the Marijuana is not as addictive as other heavier drugs, but many addiction treatment specialists have seen first hand how marijuana can become addictive.
2)Marijuana is still very known for being a gateway drug which has been proven in studies that would conclude that teenage boys who abused weed, along with things like alcohol and cigarettes are 2-3 time more likely to engage in more dangerous forms of drugs.
3) The Danger of these drugs falling into the hands of children is a lot higher with the legalization
4) As with cigarettes second hand smoke would effect innocent bystanders
5) Marijuana has been proven to damage the brain by causing memory issues to many users
6) Long term users of marijuana increase drastically in getting heart disease, due to after smoking your heart rate increases by 100%
7) Research has also discovered that marijuana use and mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia and depression.
The Political Issues With Legalization
Why the Federal Government should be the ones to deal with the legalization
The number one issue with not having the Feds legalizing pot is the fact that its costing states more money to maintain the legal/illegal purchase of marijuana around the U.S.
If its legalized/ or remains illegal, the States will be able to save money because they have basic guidelines to oblige by regarding the drug.
I Couldn't find an article specifically talking about the legalization of pot on a federal level but I was able to obtain an article mentioning how congress is taking the steps for full legalization on a federal scale.
Social Media Opinion: https://twitter.com/dominicholden/status/688909115775684608
Please use Google Chrome to obtain the best export results.
Public - 9/22/16, 5:12 PM